Here at Unique Services Group (USG) we pride ourselves in having the highest standards in both Health and Safety and Environmental Care. This is the starting point for our staff training.
We are CPNZ (Contractor Prequalification NZ) qualified and under the Health and Safety Law, this means we hold the safety of our staff and our Clients’ staff to the highest standards at all times – so you know you are working with the best.
We work successfully with many wonderful clients, both large and small.
We are a “Fonterra Approved” contractor able to work on any site in New Zealand.
This is only half the safety storey – the other half is the safety plant and equipment that we own and operate, much of it custom made for our needs.
Below are some of the qualifications many of our staff have achieved since working with us.
- Unit Standard 17602 – Apply hazard ID and risk assessment procedures in the workplace.
- Training provides methodology for identifying hazards and implementing controls. Knowledge and skills required to identify hazards in the work place and prevent potential accidents are developed.
- Unit Standard 17588 – apply for, accept, and carry out work according to a work permit in the workplace.
- Training to develop the skills for pre-determining the work to be done, expose the hazards of the operation and state the method of control.
- Unit Standard – 18426 Knowledge of hazards in confined spaces
- Unit Standard 17599 – Plan a confined space entry
- Unit Standard – 3058 Gas Detection in confined spaces
Safety Working at Heights
- Unit Standard – 15757 Fall arrest systems on building and construction sites
- Unit Standard – 17600 Explain safe work practices for working at heights
Safe Chemical Handling
- Unit Standard – 3062 / 3063 / 16317 Chemical Handling and Spill Management
- Course provides training in chemical identification and hazardous substance evaluation. Strong emphasis placed on handling, storage and segregation. Also covered is spill contingency, inventory, disposal methods and first aid. Review of legislation, regulations and guidelines.
- Unit Standard 9184 – Erect non-notifiable prefabricated scaffolding.
- The unit standard enables people to erect or alter temporary working platforms to the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment (HSE) regulations, in trestles and prefabricated steel or aluminium for scaffolding up to 5 metres in height.
Site safe – Supervisor Gold Card course
- This is a much more comprehensive course than “Site Safe”. Among other items there is a comprehensive section on Accident In Investigation for workplace accidents.
Unique Services staff have had certified training for the safe handling, storage and application of chemical products supplied by the following companies :
- Applied Chemicals
- Chemical Solutions
Training in Work Place Hygiene
- Introduction to the principles of food hygiene
- Knowledge to identify areas of risk in cleaning in food manufacturing plants
- Describe the “what”, “how”, and “when” of cleaning for food plants.
GMP and HACCP Training
- GMP: Good Manufacturing Practices
- HACCP: Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
This is carried out by JLG Industries based in Mt. Wellington and we have our own JLG access equipment.
Other qualifications some of our staff have
- Coating Inspection 634F
- Corrosion Technology 731F
- Corrosions Technologist Cert 016
- FTSC (Fellow, Technology Surface Coatings), London
- NZCS (NZ Certificate Science)
- NZ Dip.SCT (NZ Diploma Surface Coatings Technology )
Our staff are continuously training and up-skilling to ensure the best service and knowledge is available to our valued clients.
USG Training Program
Staff are trained in the following areas by our experienced management team:
- Airless Spray Units
- Breathing Apparatus
- Chemical Application
- Chemical Foaming and Moss-kill
- Compressed Air Cleaning Apparatus
- Cool Vest Confined Space Clothing
- Electrical Hand Tools and Equipment
- Floor Polishing Gear
- Gas Detection for Confined Space
- Grounds-care Equipment
- Heating – drying plant
- Ladders safe use
- Lighting –general and confined space
- Moisture detection instrument
- Moss kill trailer use
- Pumping units for water removal
- Safety Equipment – Sweeper Ride on
- Sand Blasting Plant – Scrubber Ride on
- Scaffolding Small and Large
- Spray Units – 240 volts and 12 Volt
- Sanitising – applications
- Window Cleaning
- Vacuum Systems
- Venting Fans
- Water Cleaning Units Hot and Cold
All staff are inducted and trained in the correct handling and application of all USG plant and equipment.